Listen Live on  
 

TALK 1230 WTKG

TALK 1230 WTKG
 
 

Kitchen Fire Injures Three In Grand Rapids

 
Kitchen Fire Injures Three In Grand Rapids
Posted Monday, March 17th 2014 @ 4pm  by Chuck LaTour, WOOD Radio news team

Saturday's fire at a Grand Rapids apartment complex started in an apartment unit kitchen.

Grand Rapids fire investigators say fire injured three people, including a baby at an apartment building located at 2860 Marshall Ave. near 28th Street and Eastern Avenue. Authorities say a mother and her infant were taken to the hospital with possible first- and second-degree burns. A third person was hospitalized due to smoke inhalation.

WOOD TV reports investigators were back at the scene Monday and determined the fire started in the kitchen of a first-floor apartment. Other apartments have been cleared, but residents have not yet been issued permission to move back

Recommended Stories

*